What about my heart? - Tinman

“what about my heart?” asked the Tinman,

“i think you are lucky not to have a heart, for the heart is what makes most people unhappy,” said Oz.
“that is your opinion,” said the Tinman.
“For my part, I will bear all the unhappiness without a word if you give me the heart.

I got this from the blog of the most @#!?&*}$ friend i ever had…hehe…i mean sweet ( peace Meng! )

I decided to repost this simply because it indeed brighten up my day…as close friends know me, i have the habit of retelling, rewritting and collecting quotes, stories and articles that have stirred my mind and touched my heart one way or another. And this one really did, hehe…of course i know the story of the Wizard of Oz though i was never able to get a copy of the book…but i have not thought of this passage closely...at least not until i have read it in Meng’s blog.

Now, i have learned to appreciate more the fact that i have a heart - beating and loving, and that my God has one also, being the biggest, most generous,most loving one.
Because of God’s love...Jesus bore all the unhappiness and pain upto the calvary, even to death.
And because of what He has done out of love for us, we now have all the reasons to be happy
I mean yes, life is not too easy…and complaining seems to be a very good way of releasing the stress and pressure we feel everyday.
But Tinman is right, loving is the best thing God has made us capable of doing. It pays all the pain and sacrifices, it eases our struggles, it keeps us moving, it directs our path and plans, it lightens our burden and loads, it shines and leads us out of the darkness, and most amazingly, it is always able to make us hold on to life. :)
LOL, imagine how i used to wonder if it is still right for me to do and sacrifice some things, and personal goals for other people? For the people i love? And i have not realized how much some people also have given up for me? Because they love me?
Uh-Uhm, i might be having a heavy load today but still, I should be thankful.

Yes Tinman, without a word we’ll bear all these, as long as we have a HEART.:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FaMEALy Matters

ADHD in the HOUSE.

Papa's Girl.